The K-6720 Molybdate Kit was designed to accurately measure the levels of molybdate in water from 20-200 ppm. K-6720 uses the Catechol Method. The molybdate test method employs the catechol chemistry. In a mildly reducing alkaline solution, catechol reacts with hexavalent molybdenum to form a yellow-orange colored chelate in direct proportion to the hexavalent molybdenum concentration. Test results are expressed in ppm (mg/L) molybdenum (Mo).
Molybdate is used throughout the industrial water treatment and power generation industries as a corrosion inhibitor in both open- and closed-loop cooling water systems. In solution, molybdate anions complex with oxidized iron to form a protective film of molybdate and ferric-oxide. Molybdate is considered an effective, environmentally acceptable alternative to chromate treatment. Unlike many other transition elements, molybdenum exhibits low or even negligible toxicity.
- 30 Ampoules
- Activator Solution
- 25 mL Sample Cup
- Instruction Manual
- Fill to the sample cup to the 25 mL mark with sample water.
- Insert the ampoule tip first into the sample, and snap the ampoule tip.
- Mix ampoule by inverting several times
- Dry the ampoule, and wait 1 minute for color development.
- Obtain results using the appropriate comparator and finding the best color match.
WARNING! This product can expose you to chemicals including catechol, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Call For Price||No|
|4-20 mA Output||No|
|Power Requirements||4 AAA Batteries|