The R-7404 CHEMets Visual Ampoules Kit contains 30 additional ampoules to perform testing of the dissolved ozone level. R-7404 Ampoules are used with the K-7404 which is a visual indicator of the ppm of ozone. The R-7404 comes in a nice box that can easily be stored in case of the K-7404.
The cost per test is $0.89.
The K-7404 CHEMets Visual indicator kit for measuring ozone in water levels from 0-0.6 and 0.6-3.0ppm. This device uses the DPD Method for testing. Using this method Potassium iodide is added to the sample before analysis. The Ozone present reacts to the iodide to liberate iodine. Then the iodine reacts with DPD (N, N-diethy-l-p-phenylendeiamine) to form a pink color. This is a visual color comparing test kit for inexpensive dissolved ozone measurement.
- R-7404 Ozone Visual Refill (30 test)
- Instruction manual
How to use the K-7404 with the R-7404:
- To test, add 5 drops of A-7400 Activator Solution to the sample cup.
- Fill the 25 mL sample cup with your ozonated water.
- Snap the end/tip of the ampoule in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the ampoule and wait 1 minute for color development.
- Obtain the test result by matching to the corresponding color comparator.
- For the low range comparator: Place the ampoule, flat end first, into the comparator. Hold the comparator up towards a light source and view from the bottom. Rotate the comparator until the best color match is found.