The R-2500 CHEMets Visual Ampoules Kit contains 30 additional ampoules to perform testing of the chlorine level. R-2500 Ampoules are used with the K-2504 which is a visual indicator of the ppm of chlorine. The R-2500 comes in a nice box that can easily be stored in case of the K-2504.
The cost per test is $0.89.
The K-2504 CHEMets Visual Kit is visual indicator kit for measuring chlorine in water levels from 0-1 and 0-5ppm. This device uses the DPD Method for testing. Free chlorine oxidizes DPD (N,N-diethyl-p-phenylenediamine) to form a pink colored species in direct proportion to the chlorine concentration. Total chlorine, the sum of free and combined chlorine, is determined by adding an excess of potassium iodide to the sample. Chloramines (combined chlorine) oxidize the iodide to iodine. The iodine then oxidizes DPD to the pink colored species. Other halogens, ozone and halogenating agents will produce high test results. Chlorine at concentrations significantly above the test range may prevent proper color development, causing low test results.
- R-2500 Chlorine Visual Ampoules (30 test)
- Instruction manual
How to use the K-2504 & R-2500:
- To test, add 5 drops of A-2500 Activator Solution to the sample cup.
- Fill the 25 mL sample cup with your sample water.
- Snap the end/tip of the ampoule in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the ampoule and wait 1 minute for color development.
- Obtain the test result by matching to the corresponding color comparator.
- For the low range comparator: Place the ampoule, flat end first, into the comparator. Hold the comparator up towards a light source and view from the bottom. Rotate the comparator until the best color match is found.