The K-5005 CHEMets Visual Kit is visual indicator kit for measuring hydrazine in water levels from 0-0.5 ppm. This device uses the PDMAB Method for testing. CHEMetrics' hydrazine test kits employ the PDMAB, paradimethylaminobenzaldehyde chemistry. PDMAB in acid solution reacts with hydrazine to form a yellow product. Results are expressed as ppb (ug/L) or ppm (mg/L) N2H.
Hydrazine is a powerful reducing agent that is used in various chemical processes and in boiler water as an oxygen scavenger. To control corrosion, residual hydrazine typically is maintained in the 0.05 to 0.1 mg/L range. Higher levels may be used to guard against corrosion when the boiler is out of service for an extended period.
The refill kit R-5005 can be purchased for more tests.
- Ampoules (30 tests)
- 25 mL sample cup
- Instruction manual
How to use the K-5005:
- Fill the sample cup with 20 mL of sample water.
- Snap the end/tip of the ampoule in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the ampoule and wait 10 minutes for color development.
- Obtain the test result by matching to the corresponding color comparator.
PDMAB Tech Sheet
WARNING! This product can expose you to chemicals including methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.