The I-2019 Dissolved Ozone Meter is designed for accurately and quickly measuring ozone in water levels from 0 - 5.00 ppm. This device uses the DPD Method for testing. Using this method Potassium iodide is added to the sample before analysis. The Ozone present reacts to the iodide to liberate iodine. Then the iodine reacts with DPD (N, N-diethy-l-p-phenylendeiamine) to form a pink color. The results are then displayed on the monitor in ppm (mg/L) of ozone present.
This device has LED display for precise and accurate readout and is easy to use. Once the I-2019 has been purchased the cost per test is only $1.02.
- SAM Photometer (I-2019)
- K-7423 Ozone Vacu-vials (30 test)
- A-7400 Activator Solution
- A blank/zero ampoule
- 25 mL sample cup
- 4 AAA batteries for operation
- Screwdriver for installing/replacing batteries
- Instruction manual
- Carrying case to hold device & accessories
How to use the I-2019:
- The I-2019 must be turned on.
- Put the Zero ampoule into the device and cover with the light shield piece to zero out the unit. (NOTE: This must be zeroed any time the unit is turned off and turned back on)
- To test, fill the 25 mL sample cup with your ozonated water.
- Add 5 drops of A-7400 activator solution.
- Snap the end of the Vacu-vial in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampoule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the vacu-vial and place into the device (flat end first) for readout.