C-21 VOC Gas Sensor
EcoSensors C-21 VOC Sensor is a versatile and easy to to use VOC detector. Handheld with integrated battery or wall mount with audible alarm Internal relays and voltage output to use for control or data logging.
The model C‑21 is a solid‑state gas monitor capable of sensing a variety of gases and vapors. The ones it is generally sensitive to are called VOCS (volatile organic compounds), and the most common application of the C‑21 is for solvent vapors. Common examples are paint thinners, dry cleaning fluids, cleaning solvents, and gasoline vapors. The instrument does not respond to carbon dioxide or radon, and has only a weak response to carbon monoxide. The C‑21 is self‑contained except for its AC adapter power module. The instrument also has an audio alarm and has outputs to external alarms, data loggers, calibration equipment, etc.
- Constantly monitors your work environment
- Detects leaks and poor air quality before they are a health hazard
- Alarms below OSHA TLV for most common solvent-based VOCs
- No installation. Easily used and understood by non-technical personnel
- Virtually no maintenance
- Integrated battery allows for portable use
- Internal audible alarm
- Internal control relays - user settable
- Highly sensitive to solvent vapors and other VOCs. Bright green-yellow-red display clearly shows hazard level of gas or vapor.
- Detects down to OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory-mandated levels...typically at low ppm concentrations.
- Has built-in rechargeable battery for portable use in tracking
- Rugged construction with many safety features
- Virtually no maintenance
What comes with the C-21:
- C-21 VOC Monitor
- AC Adapter
- Magnetic strip for mounting to metal surfaces easily
- User Manual
- Calibration Certificate
Typical Detection Levels of C-21:
The C-21 will detect different levels of VOC's differently, below is a summary chart showing some of the VOC detection limits
|Alarm (first red bar)
|Acetone||4-5 ppm||30 ppm||20-25 ppm||750 ppm|
|Benzene||5-10 ppm||60 ppm||25-50 ppm||10 ppm|
|Diacetone Alcohol||5-10 ppm||60 ppm||25-50 ppm||50 ppm|
|Formaldehyde||1-5 ppm||30 ppm||15-25 ppm||0.1 ppm|
|Methylene Chloride||8-10 ppm||60 ppm||40-50 ppm||50 ppm|
|Perchloroethylene||5 ppm||60 ppm||50 ppm||50 ppm|
|Toluene||3-5 ppm||30 ppm||15-25 ppm||50 ppm|
|Trichloroethylene||10-20 ppm||150 ppm||50-100 ppm||50 ppm|
* Threshold Limit Value (TLV). Average estimate of government industrial hygienists for repeated worker exposure.
C-21 as a relay controller:
The C-21 VOC sensor can be used as a controller for external alarms, vent fans, or other devices. An integrated relay rated for up to 30 Volts at 130 mA will change states at the alarm level set by the customer. Dip switches in the rear of the device can be set to change the alarm state based on specific application needs. Also, dip switches will allow audible alarm to be turned ON or OFF. See image below for visual reference of rear of the C-21.
Also shown is the replaceable battery in the C-21. A simple plug in and to battery is included for replacement if it ever becomes necessary.
Links to Tech tips and Info:
|Call For Price||No|
|Range||Full scale = 50-100 ppm for most solvent based VOCs|
|Resolution||Green = normal. Yellow = caution. Red = danger.|
|Response Time||Within a few seconds of the VOC gas reaching the sensor|
|Sensor type||HMOS (heated metal oxide semiconductor) sensor|
|Operation Modes||Battery, and AC Power|
|Operational Temperature Range||32-105 F|
|Operational RH Range||15-85% RH, non-condensing|
|Power Requirements||Self-contained NiCad or NiMH. Approximately 2 hour capacity. Recharged by AC adapter overnight.|
|Field Replaceable Battery||No|