The K-7423 is a kit that contains the pieces needed to perform 30 tests of dissolved ozone level. K-7423 Vacu-vials are used with the I-2019 Dissolved Ozone Meter which gives the digital readout of the ppm (mg/L) of ozone. The K-7423 comes in a nice box that can easily be stored in the carrying case for the I-2019.
The cost per test is only $1.02.
I-2019 Dissolved Ozone Meter is designed for accurately and quickly measuring ozone in water levels from 0 - 5.00 ppm. This device uses the DPD Method for testing. Using this method Potassium iodide is added to the sample before analysis. The Ozone present reacts to the iodide to liberate iodine. Then the iodine reacts with DPD (N, N-diethy-l-p-phenylendeiamine) to form a pink color.
- K-7423 Ozone Vacu-vials (30 test)
- A-7400 Activator Solution
- A blank/zero ampoule
- 25 mL sample cup
- Instruction manual
How to use the I-2019 and K-7423:
- The I-2019 must be turned on.
- Put the Zero ampoule into the device and cover with the light shield piece to zero out the unit. (NOTE: This must be zeroed any time the unit is turned off and turned back on)
- To test, fill the 25 mL sample cup with your ozonated water.
- Add 5 drops of A-7400 activator solution.
- Snap the end of the Vacu-vial in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampoule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the vacu-vial and place into the device (flat end first) for readout.