The K-5816 CHEMets Visual Kit is visual indicator kit for measuring hypochlorite in water levels from 0-12.5% as NaOCl. This device uses the DPD Method for testing. The DPD method is also applicable to the direct determination of hypochlorite concentrations in various cleaning preparations and disinfectants prior to their dilution. DPD reacts with hypochlorite ions to form a pink color. Results are expressed as percent (%) NaOCl.
The refill kit R-5808 can be purchased for more tests.
- Visual Ampoules (30 test)
- Sample Prep Cup
- 3 mL Syringe
- 200 uL MiniPet
- 25 mL sample cup
- Instruction manual
How to use the K-5816:
- Using the syringe, add 1 mL of sample water to Sample Prep Cup.
- Dilute to 25 mL mark
- Place yellow pipette tip onto end of MiniPet
- Depress plunger on minipet. Immerse tip in sample and release plunger, drawing in sample to the tip.
- Depress plunger, emptying sample into empty sample cup.
- Fill the 25 mL sample cup with Distilled water.
- Snap the end/tip of the ampoule in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the ampoule and wait 1 minute for color development.
- Obtain the test result by matching to the corresponding color comparator.
DPD Tech Sheet