The K-2523 is a kit that contains the pieces needed to perform 30 tests of chlorine level. K-2513 Vacu-vials are used with the I-2001 Chlorine Meter which gives the digital readout of the ppm (mg/L) of chlorine. The K-2523 comes in a nice box that can easily be stored in the carrying case for the I-2001.
The I-2001 Dissolved Chlorine Meter is designed for accurately and quickly measuring chlorine in water levels from 0 - 5.00 ppm. This device uses the DPD Method for testing. Using this method free chlorine oxidizes DPD (N,N-diethyl-p-phenylenediamine) to form a pink colored species in direct proportion to the chlorine concentration. Other halogens, ozone and halogenating agents will produce high test results. Chlorine at concentrations significantly above the test range may prevent proper color development causing low test results. The results are then displayed on the monitor in ppm (mg/L) of chlorine present.
- K-7523 Chlorine Vacu-vials (30 test)
- Ampoule blank
- 25 mL sample cup
- Instruction manual
How to use the I-2001 and K-2523:
- The I-2001 must be turned on.
- Put the Zero ampoule into the device and cover with the light shield piece to zero out the unit. (NOTE: This must be zeroed any time the unit is turned off and turned back on)
- Fill to the 25 mL mark in the sample cup with your water.
- Snap the end of the Vacu-vial in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampoule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the vacu-vial and wait 1 minute for color development.
- Place the vacu-vial ampoule into the device (flat end first) for readout.
K-2523 Tech Sheet