The K-7513 is a kit that contains the pieces needed to perform 30 tests of dissolved oxygen level. K-7513 Vacu-vials are used with the I-2002 Dissolved Oxygen Meter which gives the digital readout of the ppm (mg/L) of oxygen. The K-7513 comes in a nice box that can easily be stored in the carrying case for the I-2002.
The cost per test is only $1.07
The I-2002 Dissolved Oxygen Meter is designed for accurately and quickly measuring oxygen in water levels from 0 - 15.0 ppm. This device uses the Indigo Carmine Method for testing. In an acidic solution, oxygen oxidizes the yellow-green colored leuco form of indigo carmine to form a highly colored blue dye. The resulting blue color is proportional to the dissolved oxygen concentration in the sample. The results are displayed on the monitor in ppm (mg/L) Oxygen present.
- K-7513 Oxygen Vacu-vials (30 test)
- A blank/zero ampoule
- 25 mL sample cup
- Instruction manual
How to use the I-2002 and K-7513:
- The I-2002 must be turned on.
- Put the Zero ampoule into the device and cover with the light shield piece to zero out the unit. (NOTE: This must be zeroed any time the unit is turned off and turned back on)
- To test, fill the 25 mL sample cup with your sample water.
- Snap the end of the Vacu-vial in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampoule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the vacu-vial and wait 2 minutes for color development.
- Place into the device (flat end first) for readout.