The K-7553 is a kit that contains the pieces needed to perform 30 tests of dissolved oxygen level. K-7553 has a range of 0-1.00 ppm, and uses the Rhodazine D method. The Rhodazine D compound in reduced form reacts with dissolved oxygen to form a bright pink reaction product. The method is not subject to salinity or dissolved gas interferences. Oxidizing agents, including benzoquinone, can cause high results. Reducing agents such as hydrazine and sulfite do not interfere. Results are expressed as ppm (mg/L) or ppb (ug/L) O2.
The cost per test is only $1.02
*This kit requires the use of a CHEMetrics Direct Readout Photometer or a spectrophotometer capable of accepting a 13 mm diameter round cell.
The I-2002 Dissolved Oxygen Meter is designed to analyze samples from K-7553 and was created to accurately and quickly measure oxygen in water levels from 0 - 15.0 ppm.
- K-7553 Oxygen Vacu-vials (30 test)
- A blank/zero ampoule
- Sampling Tube
- Instruction manual
How to use the K-7553:
- Put the Zero ampoule into the device and cover with the light shield piece to zero out the unit. (NOTE: This must be zeroed any time the unit is turned off and turned back on)
- To test, fill the 25 mL sample cup with your sample water.
- Snap the end of the Vacu-vial in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampoule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the vacu-vial and wait 2 minutes for color development.
- Place into the device (flat end first) for readout.
K7553 Tech Sheet
WARNING! This product can expose you to chemicals including methanol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.