The K-7503 CHEMets Instrumental Kit is visual indicator kit for measuring oxygen in water levels from 0-2 ppm. The I-2002 Dissolved Oxygen Meter is designed for accurately and quickly measuring oxygen in water levels from 0 - 15.0 ppm. This device uses the Indigo Carmine Method for testing. In an acidic solution, oxygen oxidizes the yellow-green colored leuco form of indigo carmine to form a highly colored blue dye. The resulting blue color is proportional to the dissolved oxygen concentration in the sample. The results are displayed on the monitor in ppm (mg/L) Oxygen present.
*This kit requires the use of a CHEMetrics Direct-Readout Photometer or a spectrophotometer capable of accepting a 13 mm diameter round cell. CHEMetrics product I-2002 is created specifically to use with K-7503.
The cost per test is $1.12.
- Comparator (0-12ppm)
- R-7503 Oxygen Visual Ampoules (30 tests)
- Blank ampoule
- 25 mL sample cup
- Sampling Tube
- Adhesive Mounting Clamp
- Permanent Mounting Clamp
- Instruction manual
How to use the K-7503:
- Fill the 25 mL sample cup with your water.
- Snap the end/tip of the ampoule in the water on the bottom/side of the 25 mL sample cup.
- Mix the contents of the ampule by tipping back and forth a few times.
- Dry the ampoule and wait 2 minutes for color development.
- Obtain the test result by matching to the corresponding color comparator.
K-7503 Tech Sheet