K-6905 Nitrate Kit was designed to obtain Nitrate levels from 0-3.4 ppm
The K-6905 Nitrate Kit was designed to accurately measure the levels of Nitrate in water from 0-3.4 ppm. K-6905 uses the Zinc Reduction Method. Nitrate is reduced to nitrite using zinc as the reducing agent. The resulting nitrite concentration is then determined colorimetrically. This method is applicable to industrial wastewaters, drinking, and surface waters. These test kits can also be used for the analysis of seawater. This method will measure nitrate in the presence of low levels of nitrite (by difference). Results are expressed as ppm (mg/L) NO3-N.
Nitrate is the most completely oxidized form of nitrogen. It is formed during the final stages of biological decomposition, either in wastewater treatment facilities or in natural water supplies. Low-level nitrate concentrations may be present in natural waters. However, a Maximum Contaminant Level of 10 ppm nitrate-nitrogen has been established for drinking water by the USEPA.
Shelf-life: The refill and color comparator contained in this kit have shelf-lives of 12 months
- 30 Ampoules
- Acidifier Solution
- 25 mL Sample Cup
- Reaction Tube and Cap
- Instruction Manual
- Fill the reaction tube with 15 mL of Sample Water
- Empty the contents of 1 Zinc Foil Pack into reaction tube. Shake vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Add 10 drops of Acidifier solution to empty Sample Cup.
- Add the treated sample to the sample cup.
- Insert the ampoule tip first into the sample, and snap the ampoule tip.
- Mix ampoule by inverting several times
- Dry the ampoule, and wait 10 minutes for color development.
- Obtain results using the appropriate comparator and finding the best color match.
WARNING! This product can expose you to chemicals including ethylene glycol, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Call For Price||No|
|4-20 mA Output||No|
|Power Requirements||4 AAA Batteries|