K-6909C Nitrate Kit was designed to obtain Nitrate levels from 0-2700 ppm
The K-6909C Nitrate Kit was designed to accurately measure the levels of Nitrate in water from 0-2700 ppm. K-6909C uses the Cadmium Reduction Method. Nitrate is reduced to nitrite using cadmium as the reducing agent. The resulting nitrite concentration is then determined colorimetrically. This method is applicable to drinking and surface waters, as well as domestic and industrial wastes. Nitrite will interfere with this test. Results are expressed as ppm (mg/L) NO3-N or NO3.
Nitrate is the most completely oxidized form of nitrogen. It is formed during the final stages of biological decomposition, either in wastewater treatment facilities or in natural water supplies. Low-level nitrate concentrations may be present in natural waters. However, a Maximum Contaminant Level of 10 ppm nitrate-nitrogen has been established for drinking water by the USEPA.
Shelf-life: The refill and color comparator contained in this kit have shelf-lives of 12 months
- 30 Ampoules
- 25 uL MiniPet
- 25 mL Sample Cup
- Reaction Tube and Cap
- Instruction Manual
- Place a yellow pipette tip firmly onto the end of the MiniPet
- Depress the plunger on the MiniPet. Immerse the tip in the sample and release plunger drawing in sample.
- Depress the plunger over the reaction tube to expel sample.
- Dilute sample to the 15 mL mark with distilled water
- Empty the contents of 1 Cadmium Foil Pack into reaction tube. Shake vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Allow sample to sit undisturbed for 2 minutes.
- Add 10 mL of the treated sample to the sample cup.
- Insert the ampoule tip first into the sample, and snap the ampoule tip.
- Mix ampoule by inverting several times
- Dry the ampoule, and wait 10 minutes for color development.
- Obtain results using the appropriate comparator and finding the best color match.
WARNING! This product can expose you to chemicals including cadmium, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Call For Price||No|
|4-20 mA Output||No|
|Power Requirements||4 AAA Batteries|